If you’re a homeowner in the Northern Colorado area, you’ve probably already thought about the pros and cons of a metal roof vs. shingles. After all, Colorado is located in one of the “hail alleys” in the United States, according to the National Severe Storms Laboratory. Residents of Greeley, Fort Collins, Loveland, Timnath, Severance, Windsor, and surrounding areas also must weigh the cost of asphalt shingles vs. metal roofing before deciding which one to choose. With more than 25 years of experience building homes from the ground up, Summit Roofing Solutions LLC has helped many homeowners like you make the best choice for their homes. Keep reading to learn more about the advantages of each roofing material.
Advantages of metal roof vs. shingles for your Northern Colorado home
Metal roofing advantages
- Lightweight: Due to its lightweight nature, metal roofing is an excellent solution for homeowners who want to put less pressure on their homes structurally and reduce the chance of damage to the integrity of their homes.
- Long-lasting: Another great benefit of using metal roofing for your home is that, unlike other materials, metal roofing can last more than 50 years before needing to be replaced.
- Lower cost long-term: While metal roofing is typically more expensive than some other types of materials initially, it also typically lasts at least three times as long as asphalt shingles, resulting in a lower cost over the roof’s lifespan.
Asphalt shingle advantages
- Cheaper upfront cost: If you are looking to save on roofing costs, one of the most significant advantages of purchasing an asphalt shingle roof compared to metal roofing is that the one-time cost is typically around less than half the price.
- Quicker installation & replacement: Unlike metal roofing, asphalt shingles come prepackaged, resulting in reduced time and labor costs for installation or removal.
- Repairs are less expensive: Since most shingles can be removed individually near where the issue has occurred, costs for repairs tend to be way less costly than metal roofing which usually has interconnected panels.
If you are interested in learning more about the pros and cons of metal roofing vs. shingles, check out this article published by Sheffield Metals International.
While there are plenty of other roofing materials to consider when starting a roofing project, you need to weigh in on all the advantages of asphalt shingles vs. metal roofing to make your decision. As a company specializing in residential roofing and repairs, there are plenty of options to choose from when you work with Summit Roofing Solutions LLC. We also specialize in roofing repair after hail storms, so if you need a new roof due to damage caused by hail, we are happy to assist you in getting a new one. Call (970) 381-9926 to contact us about scheduling your roofing replacement or for a free estimate. We look forward to working with you soon!
In the meantime, check out this 5-star review from our happy customer, Brooke Speck.
“Matt and Zach along with their team at Summit Roofing Solutions were professional and knowledgeable. They were able to guide us through the process of replacing our roof with ease. The project was completed quickly, and our roof looks great! We have recommended them to several of our family members and friends!”
Interested in learning more about the pros and cons of asphalt shingles vs. metal roofing? Watch the video below.
You may also be interested in our blog: How Do I Find the Best Roofers