Let’s face it: hail storms can wreak havoc on your property – on your car, yard, and home. The most important thing to do after these storms is hail damage roof repair. You want to restore your roof so that the next time a storm comes along, your roof won’t leak but will keep your home safe and dry. Looking for tips on how to care for your roof after a hailstorm? Read our checklist below to get started.
First 5 Steps for Hail Damage Roof Repair
- Wait for a clear day. The worst time to assess the damage is immediately afterwards. You need a dry day to inspect your roof for your own safety. Feel free to take pictures or videos, but save any up-close physical inspections for after the hail has melted and the rainwater has dried.
- Clear debris. Hail storms can affect your whole property. Be sure to clear your gutters and roof from any excess twigs, leaves, or even branches that might have been downed by the storm. Not only can this debris cover up problem areas, but it can also prevent water from draining properly in future storms. Before you can start any hail damage roof repair, you need a clear roof.
- Check for damaged shingles. A torn or missing shingle here or there might not seem like that big of a deal, but it can lead to major consequences for your roof if not fixed. If you see any damage to your roof’s shingles, you’ll need to replace those shingles. Small problems – like curling shingles or just a few tears – can be easily fixed by a handy homeowner. However, if you notice major or widespread damage, it’s best to call an experienced professional you can trust – Summit Roofing Solutions. We won’t wait until a free Saturday morning to fix your roof. We’ll assess and repair the damage as soon as possible.
- Check caulking. Caulking can be a sensitive spot for your roof. You want to be sure there are no gaps in your roof’s caulking. Any exposed areas leave your roof vulnerable to the next storm. Like other roofing concerns, caulking can be a do-it-yourself project if the area to be re-sealed is small and easily accessible.
- Call an expert roofer. If the damage is widespread or significant, you’ll want the professionals at Summit Roofing Solutions to repair your roof. As the first line of defense for your home against the elements, your roof is too important to delay repairing.
Don’t put off inspecting your roof for damage! No one should have to risk further damage to his or her home because of a busy schedule or a fear of heights. If your roof is particularly high and steep or if the first days back to school are just too crazy, call the trustworthy experts at Summit Roofing Solutions. We have the equipment and experience to inspect and repair your roof to keep your home safe and dry. Whatever the reason for your call, Summit Roofing Solutions will help you rest easy by taking care of your needed hail damage roof repair.