Shopping around for your roof replacement can feel overwhelming at times. Between all the companies and materials to choose from, it’s understandable not to know where to start. Whether this is your first time searching for the best roofer near me or you haven’t done so in a while, we’re here to help you understand what to expect from a roofing estimate so that your decision can be made much easier. Odds are likely that you’ve already begun your search if you’ve landed on our blog, but the next step to securing your new roof is getting a free estimate. By understanding what to expect, you’ll know the good, the bad, and the ugly regarding your estimate. Let’s dive in.
What to expect from a roofing estimate for your Northern Colorado home
1. Labor Estimates
Just like when you take your car into the shop, you always have to factor labor into the total cost of your project. The same can be said when considering what to expect from a roofing estimate. Every line item on your estimate should also include the cost of labor in tandem with the materials that you will be purchasing for your roof. If you do not see labor costs on your estimate, be sure to ask the company that you are considering to add this expense to the estimate. Every contractor’s labor costs will be different so don’t forget to compare a few estimates.
2. Property protection
When searching for the best roofer near me, your estimate should always include how the contractor you hire intends to protect your property during the roof installation process. Many steps come into play when installing a roof, some of which can cause damage to your property if not accounted for. Make sure a protection plan is clearly laid out in your estimate, or be sure to ask additional questions if the plan is not as detailed as you’d like. That way, you know exactly what to expect from a roofing estimate before moving ahead with any company on your list.
In addition to the protection method the company will use when working on your property, you should expect to see any warranties you’ll receive with your roofing replacement. Typically, there are warranties for both workmanship and roofing materials that should be provided in the estimate you receive. This is important because it can greatly reduce the stress of having to worry about mistakes being made at your expense. When looking for the best roofer near me, make sure to find out what types of warranties your preferred company offers in the estimate.
While there are many additional items that should be included in your estimate, these should give you a better understanding of what to expect from a roofing estimate during your search for the best roofer near me. We hope that you’ll consider Summit Roofing Solutions LLC in your list of top contenders. Want to know more about additional items listed in estimates, keep reading for 12 more items to expect below.
- Roofing Materials: Provide a detailed breakdown of the roofing materials required for the project, including the type and quantity of shingles, underlayment, flashing, vents, and any other necessary components.
- Roofing Accessories: Include any additional accessories needed for the roofing system, such as gutter systems, downspouts, snow guards, or ridge vents.
- Roofing Substrate: If there’s any need for repairing or replacing the roof deck or substrate, outline the cost of the necessary repairs.
- Roofing Disposal: Specify the cost of removing and disposing of the old roofing materials and debris from the site.
- Permits and Inspections: Mention the estimated cost for obtaining any required building permits and scheduling necessary inspections.
- Roofing Design and Planning: If applicable, include charges for architectural design, planning, or custom roofing solutions.
- Roofing Flashings and Sealants: Provide a breakdown of the cost of metal flashings, caulking, sealants, and other weatherproofing materials.
- Roofing Ventilation: Specify the cost of any ventilation system upgrades or additions to ensure proper airflow in the attic space.
- Roofing Safety Equipment: Include the cost of safety equipment like harnesses, safety lines, and other necessary gear for the workers.
- Roofing Delivery Charges: If the roofing materials need to be delivered to the site separately, itemize the delivery charges.
- Roofing Clean-up and Site Maintenance: Detail the expenses associated with cleaning up the job site after the project is complete and maintaining a tidy work area throughout the process.
- Contingency: It’s always wise to include a contingency amount in the estimate to account for any unforeseen issues or changes in the project scope.
Still on the fence about working with us? Check out this 5-star review from our customer, Kyle Ocean.
“We had a hailstorm that completely destroyed our roof and the roof of our detached shop. As well as a number of other small items around the house. We met the guys from Summit in town, out and about at a community event, which was a breath of fresh air. It makes me so upset when something happens to a town and salesmen start coming out door to door. That was NOT the case with Summit. They were very friendly and professional and helpful from day one until well after the job was completed. Zach went far and beyond expectations to make sure that the entire roof replacement was done well, and did most of the work with my insurance agent so that I didn’t have to. As a homeowner who was in a tight spot and didn’t know where to start, the guys at Summit made me feel like family and really took care of everything. I highly suggest them!”
Summit Roofing Solutions, LLC is a local roofing company specializing in residential roofing and repairs. We also take care of windows, gutters, siding, stucco, garage doors, paint – everything including your roof. Our family-owned company also provides roofing repair after hail storms. If you need a new roof due to damage caused by hail, we are happy to assist you. We serve Greeley, Fort Collins, Loveland, and all of Northern Colorado. Call 970-381-9926 to contact us about scheduling your roofing replacement or for a free estimate. We look forward to working with you soon!